The Support Scheme for Renewable Heat or (SSRH) is a government-funded initiative designed to increase the energy generated from renewable sources in the heat sector. The scheme is open to commercial, industrial, agricultural, district heating, public sector and other non-domestic heat users
About the Support Scheme for Renewable Heat
The primary objective of the support scheme for renewable heat is to increase the level of renewable energy in the heat sector. This will contribute to meeting Ireland’s 2020 renewable energy targets whilst also reducing greenhouse gas emissions. The government-funded scheme will support the adoption of renewable heating systems by commercial, industrial, agricultural, district heating, public sector and other non-domestic heat users not covered by the emissions trading system.
The Scheme aims to
- Bridge the gap between the installation and operating costs of renewable heating systems and the conventional fossil fuel alternatives; and
- Incentivise the development and supply of renewable heat.
The Scheme will support
- An installation grant
- On-going operational support
SEAI have been appointed by the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment, as the administrator for the Support Scheme for Renewable Heat.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that:
- Proposed heat use is eligible and adheres to verified energy efficiency criteria
- Heat generating technologies and project installations comply with Building Regulations, Construction Products Regulations, EN Standards, efficiency, technology standards and air quality standards in relation to emissions
- Designers and Installers are competent to carry out works
- Recipients of payments meet tax clearance requirements
How to apply
The application process consists of following steps:
- Check if you’re eligible – Refer to the Terms and Conditions of the Support Scheme Renewable Heat.
- Collect all the required documentation and information. Refer to the Eligibility Guidelines for more information.
- Complete the online application form. You may choose to consult an expert to help with your application.
- Download a copy of your application. This will be available to you in the confirmation page after you successfully submit the online form.
- Check your email for next steps. Please follow the instructions in the email in order to submit all the required supporting information and documentation. This is essential to progress your application.
Click the button below to visit the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland’s website to apply for the SSRH scheme .SSRH Application